At Regent all pupils will experience Athletics within the school Physical Education curriculum, opportunities are also provided for pupils through the extra-curricular programme. Athletic school records date back to 1976, and Regent are fortunate to have nurtured some very talented and successful performers in that time.
Throughout the school year athletes meet every Friday afternoon for Athletics Club, finishing at 4.30pm. After the Easter break, additional training takes place at Bangor track twice a week. Practices are led by Mrs Mitchell-Cram with the assistance of other teachers and outside coaches.
Regent also enter all the main Cross Country events and training takes place for this on Friday afternoons throughout the Winter season.
Mr Eugene Moleon*
Fridays 3:20 - 4:30pm
*Mr Moleon is the Athletics Active Community Coach for North Down and Ards
Eugene works closely with local schools, communities and clubs within the area to generate participation in a range of sports. At Regent we value his expertise and utilise his athletic knowledge throughout the year at Athletics Club.
Child Protection in Sport
• 28th January- District Cross Country- Delamont
• 10th February- Ulster Schools Cross Country- Mallusk
• 5th March- Irish Schools Cross Country- Sligo Race Course
Track and Field
• 4th May- Inter and Senior District Championships- Mary Peter’s Track
• 12th May- Mini, Minor and Junior District Championships- Mary Peter’s Track
• 20th & 21st May- Ulster Schools Championship- Antrim
• 4th June- Irish Schools- Tullamore
NI Youth Development Club League
- 23rd April 16- Round 1- Antrim Forum
- 28th May 16- Round 2- Mary Peter’s Track
- 2nd June 16- Round 3- Mary Peter’s Track
- 20th August 16- FINAL- Antrim Forum