Our aims are to:
- promote a spirit of friendship and co-operation among those associated with the school
- support the school in appropriate ways
Who are we?
Our group includes parents, teachers, former pupils and friends of the school. We are committed to organising and promoting fundraising activities and events to raise money for much needed resources for the whole school that cannot be provided through other educational funding.
What do we do?
Each year we agree on how best to help the school and plan a number of fundraising and social events. These provide opportunities for parents, staff and pupils to get together.
We have been able to purchase defibrillators which are now situated around the school, costumes for the Dance team and new flooring in the library to name but a few things.
2015 / 2016 Events
Main aim - to raise funds to purchase a much needed minibus.
Successful fundraising this year has included:
- Christmas Dinner held in the Clandeboye Lodge hotel which included a very successful ballot to raise funds
- Providing tea, coffee, traybakes, tuck shop sweets and even hotdogs at School musical and sports occasions
- Rugby ‘Big Breakfasts’
- Non Uniform days
- Ballot with fantastic prizes donated by local businesses and friends of the school
- Golf Day at Clandeboye
The Ballot was extremely successful and raised nearly £9000, on its own, towards our Minibus Fund. The draw was made in front of a very excited Year 8 at their morning assembly and the prize winners were as follows:
- I Phone – V Thompson
- Ards Shopping Centre £500 voucher – E Herron
- Slieve Donard Spa voucher – E McGee
- Ardglass 4 ball – J Bryce
- Clandeboye 4 ball – J Smyth
- Balloo House voucher – J McDowell
- Boxing Gloves – G Allen
- Kindle – W Beattie
- Stormont lunch – V Scott
- M&S voucher – B Dowling
- Zak’s Hairdressing voucher – J Thompson
- BMW bag – D Thompson
- ‘Colour Run’ for all pupils on the last day of term
- Christmas dinner at the Clandeboye Lodge Hotel on 3 December 2016.
December 2015 Friends of Regent House Christmas Dinner
Find us on Facebook to keep up to date with all our fundraising news.