Many of our pupils have been involved with sports at a high standard this year, and will be in the future also. We thought an update was due on a few and what they have achieved in the past year and going forwards - I'm sure there will be more updates to come from our other talented sportspeople!
Sophie Benton (Year 14) in has been selected to represent GB in Junior Ladies Barebow and Junior Team at the World Field Archery Championships 2016. The event will be taking place the final week of September and we wish Sophie the best for this!
Our gentlemen have been busy also..
Robbie Johnston (Yr13) has been heavily involved with Ulster Schools U17 Rugby with some great moments...
- Trained 3 times a week over the summer in preparation for matches against Ulster U18 Clubs and Munster Schools U17
- Robbie captained the Ulster U17 side for both matches – beating Ulster U18 Clubs 24-19 and Munster U17 Schools 20-10
- Robbie scored the winning try in the Ulster Clubs match
We wish Robbie every success in his continued involvement with Ulster School’s Rugby
Timmy Browne (Y13) has been playing football to a high level for quite some time now and recently has:
- Got selected for Manchester United and Liverpool academies
- Played European under 17’s Qualifiers in Israel-Scored first international goal against Israel.
- Selected for Northern Ireland Under 18’s School Boys - Wales, England, Republic of Ireland, Scotland in the Centenary Shield
- Capped 7 times for Northern Ireland
As Timmy is only just going into year 13 now, we will be very glad of his joining the Senior School Football team!
Next up is Matthew Foster (Y13), who played for the Ulster Schools cricket team this summer winning the inter provincial series.
He was also called up to play for an Irish U17 side against an NCU Select XI at Laurelvale CC. It was a warm-up game before their tour to England and Scotland.
These photos were taken during the first Interprovincial game vs Leinster.
Again, just to wish all our students the very best with their sports and athletic endeavours, and to encourage anyone involved in similar activities to keep sending in information!