Our school dance teams recently competed at the Northern Ireland Creative Movement and Aerobic Dance Championships. This took place at Lisburn Leisureplex.
The Junior Dance Team came fourth in a very tough section but most importantly for many of them it was their first time competing at this level. The girls have been training really hard since September and to come away with a score of 93/100 is fantastic.
We also had a junior duet represent the school consisting of Madison Moss (yr 10) and Charlotte Hanna (yr 9). Rachel Craig had been Madison’s partner but had to pull out last minute due to injury. Charlotte learned this dance in the space of four days. Madison and Charlotte won bronze medals for their duet…an incredible achievement in such a short period of time.
Our Senior team have been plagued with injury and unavailability. The girls however did not let it stop them and I am delighted to say that we won our section and are Northern Ireland Champions!
To say I am delighted is an understatement. I am so incredibly proud of each and every one of them. None of this would have been possible without choreography and music and for that I want to say a few thank yous:
- Emma Berry and Rebecca Burns for all their hard work with Juniors
- Rachel Craig and Madison Moss for the beautiful duet choreography
- Holly Dickson and Anna McVeigh for all their fantastic choreography
- Lloyd Edgar and Mr Lougheed for all their help with our music
- And to senior girls for arranging all the extra practices and for keeping me on my toes! You deserve every bit of this success…enjoy the moment.
Next competition is Ulsters and takes place on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th April.