I can confidently state our pupils have achieved the best set of GCSE, AS and A level results in the history of the school.
At A level we have witnessed a significant improvement in the achievement in the top grades and the best 3 A*-C performance ever, placing us amongst the very highest achieving schools in N Ireland at this level.
- 81% of grades achieved were A*, A or B compared to 71% in 2016
- 57% of grades achieved were A* or A compared to 42% in 2016
- 37 students gained at least 3 A grades, 5 of whom achieved at least 4A* grades
- 84% of students achieved at least 3 A*-C grades compared to 74% in 2016 (used in Belfast Telegraph leagues tables)
- 56% of students achieved at least 3 A*-B grades compared to 45% in 2016
At AS level this pattern is repeated with continued impressive performance in the top grades and the best 3 A*-C performance ever.
- 69% of grades achieved were A or B compared to 68% in 2016 and 53% in 2015
- 37 students achieved at least 3 A grades
- 81% of students achieving at least 3 A-C grades compared to 72% in 2016 and 59% in 2015
At GCSE level, the headline figure for students achieving at least 7 grades at A*-C (including Maths and English) continues to be above average for similar schools.
Congratulations to all the students who have worked exceptionally hard to achieve these results and I am sure you will join me in congratulating and thanking the teaching staff here in Regent. Their dedication, hard work and exceptional talent guides the way. They, along with their non-teaching colleagues, are our most important and valuable resource.
In closing, I would also like to thank you, the parents and guardians, for the support you provide to your children and the school. Without it, these outcomes would not be possible.