What is Wrap Around Care?
Our Wrap Around Care package includes a Breakfast Club as well as After School Care facilities. Costs are shown below.
The Breakfast Club ensures pupils are alert and ready for the school day. The After School Care provides a sanctuary where pupils may relax, have fun and socialise. We provide a wide variety of experiences to enhance a child’s social, emotional and intellectual development. Our ‘theme-based’ approach to planning reflects pupils’ interests and choices. The five activity based learning categories for our planning are:
- Creative play - art, craft and music
- Sports - including indoor and outdoor games and sports
- Imaginative play - dress-up, drama and role play
- Science/cookery - kitchen experiments, gardening and simple, healthy cooking
- Quiet areas - reading, writing, ICT and homework study
We aim to:
- offer high-quality, flexible, affordable childcare in one inclusive setting
- give parents peace of mind, knowing their children are in a safe, familiar and convenient environment
- offer pupils the opportunity to engage in enjoyable activities that will have positive social and educational influences
- offer pupils consistency throughout the school day
- foster links with the local and wider school community
- meet the ever-changing needs of modern family life
Foundation & Key Stage 1 Activities
We have a range of indoor and outdoor toys and equipment specifically for 4 to 8 year olds. No area of play is compulsory but new experiences are encouraged! Some of the activities we offer include:
- Dressing up clothes
- Pirate ship
- Knight & princess castle
- Lego construction
- Farm yard
- Board games
- Dancing & skipping
- Making dens
- Parachute game
Key Stage 2 Activities
We have a wide range of equipment to engage Key Stage 2 pupils. Again, no activity is compulsory but we encourage pupils to work and play as a team. Written homework may be completed in After School and staff will be available to offer assistance but we encourage parents to review all work with their children each evening.
Some KS2 activities include:
- Arts & crafts
- Books & magazines
- Nature hunts
- Model making
- Board games
The Breakfast Club costs £3 per session.
It operates from 8am to 9am Monday to Friday. The last breakfast is served at 8:30am.
After School Care
After School Care costs £5 per hour or £12 per day.
It operates from 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday. A healthy snack is provided.